As the number of COVID-19 (coronavirus) cases continues to grow, many communities and businesses have adopted or are considering stronger measures to curb the virus’s spread. We, too, have adopted several strict measures to ensure the safety of our staff, clients, and the communities in which we serve.
We understand the important role our practice plays in our community and we are committed to continuing to offer our services during this tumultuous time. Our goal to provide peaceful relief of suffering remains unchanged.
In an effort to maintain the safety of our clients, pets, and our staff, we are implementing the following changes (effective March 2022):
- Please let us know if you, or anyone in your household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- Our vets will wear PPE at all appointments regardless of the status of you or other people present for the appointment. We understand that this can change the feel of our appointments however, we are left with no alternative until this crisis abates. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
- Our vets will keep a 6 foot distance from those present at the appointment whenever possible. Our veterinarians will guide you in how the appointment will proceed.
- Our availability may be changed by the situation as it continues to evolve. Whenever possible, please call us sooner rather than later to discuss availability. This will increase the chance of us being able to help you when you need us
- We request you limit the number of people present to as few as possible for everyone’s safety.
- We understand every home is different. We want you and your pet to be as comfortable as possible, if an outdoor area is available it is preferable if this is comfortable for you and your pet. Otherwise, a large open space works best.
If you have any questions about these changes, do not hesitate to call us at 201-243-3222. As always, we are here to take your call.
Dr. David Birse and Dr. Samantha Shone